The Hamilton College Continentals posted a convincing 9-0 non-conference victory against Rochester Institute of Technology at the RIT Tennis Courts on Sunday afternoon.
The Continentals (2-0 overall) competed for the first time this spring after a busy fall that included three tournaments plus a dual match at Utica College. Hamilton is back on the court on Saturday, March 14 when they travel to Middlebury College for a NESCAC match at 12:30 p.m.
Sophia Aulicino '21, Audrey Chor '21 and Ajla Karabegovic '21 all played their first matches of 2019-20 after they studied off campus in the fall. Aulicino was a winner at first flight singles and second flight doubles with Kat Roberts '22. Chor was victorious at third flight singles in three sets and she and Lauren Holtzman '23 edged their opponent 8-7 at first flight doubles. Karabegovic prevailed at fifth flight singles and teamed up with Savi Roberts '23 for an 8-0 rout at third flight doubles.
Holtzman dropped just one game at second flight singles and is now 10-1 this season. Kat Roberts triumphed at fourth flight singles and improved her record to 7-2. Savi Roberts moved her singles record to 9-3 with a win at sixth flight.
Hamilton 9, RIT 0
RIT Tennis Courts (Rochester, N.Y.)
March 8, 2020
1. Sophia Aulicino (H) d. Shayna Ginster 6-1, 6-2.
2. Lauren Holtzman (H) d. Claire Casalnova 6-1, 6-0.
3. Audrey Chor (H) d. Kristen Zablonski 5-7, 6-1, 10-8.
4. Kat Roberts (H) d. Kirsten Auble 6-4, 6-0.
5. Ajla Karabegovic (H) d. Mia Hofbauer 6-2, 7-5.
6. Savi Roberts (H) d. Julia Smolowitz 6-4, 7-5.
1. Chor/Holtzman (H) d. Ginster/Casalnova 8-7.
2. K. Roberts/Aulicino (H) d. Zablonski/Aubel 8-4.
3. Karabegovic/S. Roberts (H) d. Hofbauer/Julianne Ho 8-0.
Records: Hamilton 2-0 overall; RIT 2-2.