The Hamilton College Continentals defeated Connecticut College 5-4 in a NESCAC match on Saturday at Conn. College's South Tennis Courts.
The match was decided at sixth flight singles where Hamilton's Becca Ingber '22 dropped the first set in a tiebreaker, but outlasted her Camels opponent in three sets and clinched the crucial fifth team point.
Hamilton (11-3, 3-2 NESCAC) is 39th in this week's Oracle/ITA Division III women's national team rankings and 13th in the Northeast Region rankings. The Continentals travel to Wesleyan University to face the fourth-ranked Cardinals in their final regular season match on Sunday, April 28 at 10 a.m.
In first flight singles Sophia Aulicino '21 claimed the win in two sets. Aulicino is 19th in the ITA Northeast Region singles rankings and owns a team-best 18 wins. In fourth flight singles Kat Roberts '22 won every game in the first set and claimed the second by a score of 7-5.
In doubles play Aulicino and Audrey Chor '21 paired up for a first flight win, while Roberts and Ajla Karabegovic '21 recorded the Continentals' other doubles victory in second flight action.
-- Recap by Julia Booth '19
No. 39 Hamilton 5, Connecticut College 4
1. Sophia Aulicino (H) d. Emily Migliorini 6-4, 6-3.
2. Hayley Zukerberg (CC) d. Audrey Chor 2-6, 6-4, 6-0.
3. Stephanie Simon (CC) d. Jane Haffer 2-6, 7-6, 6-3.
4. Kat Roberts (H) d. Brooke Scully 6-0, 7-5.
5. Skylar Morgan (CC) d. Ajla Karabegovic 6-1, 6-3.
6. Becca Ingber (H) d. Paige Braithwaite 6-7, 6-4, 6-4.
1. Aulicino/Chor (H) d. Scully/Mariah Warren 8-6.
2. Karabegovic/Roberts (H) d. Meredith Kenny/Morgan 8-6.
3. Allison Falvey/Simon (CC) d. Sarah Bargamian/Haffer 8-2.
Records: Hamilton 11-3, 3-2 NESCAC; Conn. College 8-10, 0-7.