The Hamilton College Continentals picked up a 6-3 non-conference win against the William Smith College Herons at Hamilton's Margaret Bundy Scott Field House on Wednesday.
The Continentals -- winners of three straight and 9-3 overall -- are 39th in the Oracle/ITA Division III women's national team rankings and 13th in the Northeast Region rankings. William Smith (11-6 overall) is ranked 18th in the Northeast Region.
Ajla Karabegovic '21 and Kat Roberts '22 won their singles and doubles matches and accounted for half of Hamilton's team points. Roberts improved her singles record to 13-3 and only lost three games in her fourth flight match. Karabegovic blanked her opponent in the second set of their fifth flight singles match. The duo are 11-4 as a doubles pairing after their victory at second flight.
Sophia Aulicino '21, who is 14th in the Northeast Region singles rankings, won her team-best 15th match and surrendered just three games in her first flight match. Jane Haffer '19 outlasted her opponent in three sets at third flight singles and won her 41st match with the Continentals. Becca Ingber '22 rounded out Hamilton's winners as she triumphed at sixth flight singles.
The Continentals, who played their last home match this spring, return to the court tomorrow on Thursday, April 25 for another non-conference match against Ithaca College at 4 p.m.
No. 39 Hamilton 6, William Smith 3
1. Sophia Aulicino (H) d. Allie Perron 6-2, 6-1.
2. Maggie Bonomo (WS) d. Audrey Chor 6-0, 7-5.
3. Jane Haffer (H) d. Kate Foley 6-1, 6-7 (5), 6-2.
4. Kat Roberts (H) d. Dina Rigas 6-1, 6-2.
5. Ajla Karabegovic (H) d. Leland Barclay 6-3, 6-0.
6. Becca Ingber (H) d. Alex Greenberg 6-4, 6-2.
1. Bonomo/Rigas (WS) d. Aulicino/Chor 8-6.
2. Karabegovic/Roberts (H) d. Foley/Perron 8-6.
3. Charlotte Engebrecht/Katelyn Nguyen (WS) d. Sarah Bargamian/Haffer 8-7 (4).