Hamilton’s men’s basketball, women’s basketball and volleyball teams play their home contests at Margaret Bundy Scott Field House. As the indoor home of the track & field teams, the facility also includes the Carl B. Wenigmann '13 Track.
The Field House was dedicated Nov. 30, 1984, in honor of Margaret Bundy Scott, the daughter of Harlow E. Bundy ’77 and a long-time benefactor of the College. She created an endowed professorship, fellowships and a scholarship fund in addition to funding a renovation of Kirkland Residence Hall.
Margaret Bundy Scott Field House has hosted postseason competition at the Upstate Collegiate Athletic Association, Liberty League, ECAC and NCAA levels. In 1991, it was home to Division III’s top-ranked men’s basketball team as the Continentals topped the final national poll.
The namesake of the track & field facility is named for Carl B. Wenigmann (Class of 1913), a Continental track standout who began the modern Annual/Alumni Fund and helped raise money for the Alumni Gymnasium.
The Field House is home to the 3,400 square foot athletic training clinic, which provides Continental student-athletes and the rest of the community the space to be evaluated and treated and to prepare for practices and contests.
Named features of Margaret Bundy Scott Field House
Track & Field Clock (benefactor: Hasham E. Zikry ’13)
Sports Medicine Office (benefactor: Susan & Jim Goodfellow ’67)
Sports Medicine Whirlpool (Senior Gift of Hamilton’s Class of 2004)
James P. Soper ’11 Offices (formerly the James P. Soper ’11 Squash Courts)
Edgar W. Couper ’20/Richard W. Couper Offices (formerly the Edgar W. Couper ’20/Richard W. Couper Squash Courts)