William H. Bristol Pool

William H. Bristol Pool

Hamilton’s swimming & diving teams compete in the William H. Bristol Pool. The facility was constructed in 1988 and named for William M. Bristol, Jr. ’17, Alumni Association president, longtime trustee and a fourth-generation Hamiltonian in recognition of his long and continuing service to Hamilton athletics. Bristol’s leadership was a key factor in the building of the Alumni Gymnasium and Swimming Pool in 1939.


Named features of the Bristol Pool

Reception Area (benefactor: Robert & Rachel Steinberg,; named for Stephen P. Steinberg ’66)
Seating Area (named for Albert Ira Perryman)
Starting Blocks (benefactor: Henry B. & Harry L. Godshall; named for Harry L. Godshall, Jr. ’39)
Pool Deck (benefactor: Jane Fraser, named for Caryle Fraser ’17 & Malcolm H. Fraser ’24)
Record Board (benefactor: Jeffrey D. Buchanan ’65; named for Russell E. Newkirk ’39)
Scoreboard (Senior Gift of Hamilton’s Class of 1989)
Filtration Room (named for Ward W. Olney ’57)
Diving Boards (benefactor: Eric Mac Donald; named for Robert S. Ludwig ’72)
Pool Heating Room (named for Donald Gingras ’50)
Equipment Storage Area (named for Bruce Douglas McDevitt ’75)
Balcony (benefactors: Tracy L. Smith ’86, Christopher M. ’88 and Wendy W. Smith ’91; named for Mr. & Mrs. H. William Smith, Jr.)
Coaches’ Office (benefactor: Donald R. Kendall, Jr. ’74; named for A. Warren Dayton ’27)
Mechanical Room (named for James Kent, Jr. ’46)