The Charlean and Wayland F. “Bill” Blood ’53 Fitness Center opened in 2006. The facility is used by the department of athletics and physical education -- as well as the entire Hamilton community -- for many purposes.
The Blood Fitness Center houses the Charles & Susan Harris P’08 Power Weight Room and the Bogle Weight Room (which features the John G. Rice ’78 Fitness Atrium), which are used by Continental student-athletes under the direction of Hamilton’s sports performance department.
The Nancy & Matthew M. McKenna ’72 Conference Center is located on the first floor of the Blood Fitness Center and offices for coaches and administrators occupy the second floor.
The Fitness Center also includes a dance studio, room for aerobic/cardio training, space for resistance and weight-training, a multipurpose exercise room and a three-story climbing wall -- all of which are used extensively by the College community.
When the facility was completed, it tripled the campus’ space for fitness activities.
The building is named for Charlean and Wayland Blood, the parents of David Blood ’81 -- the third generation of the Blood family to attend Hamilton. David Blood '81 P'12 provided major funding for the renovation of the fitness center. David’s father, Wayland F. "Bill" Blood (for whom the facility is named, along with his wife Charlean) was a member of the class of 1953; his father, Wayland P. Blood, graduated from Hamilton in 1914. All three were members of Hamilton’s football team.
Named features of the Fitness Center
Bogle Weight Room (benefactor: Emily and Harold '75 Bogle P'14)
Power Weight Room (benefactor: Charles & Susan Harris P’08)
McKenna Conference Center (benefactor: Nancy & Matthew M. McKenna ’72)
Rice Fitness Atrium (benefactor: John G. Rice ’78)
Climbing Wall (benefactor: Sandra and Michael R. Bruce ’69)
Men’s Locker Room (benefactor: Pamela & Bradford Warner P’07)