The Tufts University Jumbos picked up a 6-3 NESCAC victory against the Hamilton College Continentals inside Hamilton's Margaret Bundy Scott Field House on Sunday.
The Continentals (4-9, 0-4 NESCAC) won three out of the six singles matches and lost another in three sets. Tufts (7-3, 2-2) is 15th in the latest Intercollegiate Tennis Association Division III Team Rankings.
Rob Dotterer '21 lost the first set against his second flight opponent Zach Shaff, but rallied to win in three sets and improved his singles record to 11-9 with his third straight triumph. Max Zimmerman '21 leads the team with 12 victories after he won in straight sets at third flight singles against Owen Bartok. Eyad Nagori '18 recorded his 23rd career win after he prevailed at fifth flight singles against Armaan Kalra.
Hamilton returns to the courts on Sunday, April 22 for another NESCAC match against No. 7 Amherst College at 2 p.m.
No. 15 Tufts 6, Hamilton 3
1. Ben Biswas (T) d. Sam Farber 6-3, 6-2.
2. Rob Dotterer (H) d. Zach Shaff 2-6, 6-4, 7-5.
3. Max Zimmerman (H) d. Owen Bartok 6-2, 6-1.
4. Jason Scanlon (T) d. Tim Derby 6-1, 6-7 (5), 6-2.
5. Eyad Nagori (H) d. Armaan Kalra 6-4, 6-4.
6. Justin Brogan (T) d. Jafar Sharipov 6-4, 6-4.
Records: Tufts 7-3, 2-2 NESCAC; Hamilton 4-9, 0-4.